Saturday, April 27, 2013

Marcus makes an offer.

DM: Just after the events in the Market Square, Marcus the Decent spoke to the Party.


My friends, a moment if you please. As you know I am a traveling merchant, and this humble town is just one of my stops. Soon I will be leaving to make the rest of my route and appointments. I know that most if not all of you have barely been more than a days walk from where you were born.

I would like to propose something to you. Tarek and I have spoken at some length of the City State. That jewel of civilization to the west. A place that I think it would benefit you all to visit at least once in your lives. Being the, and beg pardon country rubes you are, it would forever blemish my conscience were I to allow you to go there unprepared. 

Let me act as your guide, and for a nominal fee of 5% of anything gained through your knack to encounter and then defeat danger. I shall take you with me upon the completion of my trade route. We will head north from Tegel to the small fishing village of Sunlitten. Then we will continue on to Seastrand, a Skandik village that pays homage to the Overlord. We will then break westward to a town twice the size of Tegel named Sticklestead known for its horses. An overnight stay at Gasconfold castle in the protection of Laran the Horselord, a Tharbrian noble, before ending our journey in the small port city-state of Modron. The journey in all should take us about fourteen days, good weather permitting.

Once we reach Modron, I ask that you all be my guests at my Villa. Spend some time in Modron, and when you feel comfortable it is a short trip south along the Roglaroon river to the City State. I have many friends and contacts and will make sure you have safe and friendly places to stay.

What say you my friends?


DM: feel free to make comments, or ask direct questions of Marcus.

4 comments:

  1. CHAUNCEY: I will have to talk it over with Max and Dawn. But I am sure if it would help secure the safety of Hawkswood, we would gladly be up for the task. I have something I am working on right now, but as soon as a get a response from my freinds I will let you know. Til then you can find me in Master Einer's workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHAUNCEY: If anyone sees Max or Rubie send them my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tarek: Marcus, Tyrrian has confied in me that he defers judgement on these matters to me, and that he will support my decisions in these matters. Therefore, I would like to say that I do like your suggestion, and am agreeable to it.

    However, we also happen to have access to a ship that can sail from the fishing village straight to Modron, and from Modron, down the river to the City State. I'm sure that would cut the journey by half. If it is not necessary for you to make the stops along the way to Modron, we could perhaps offer you passage on the vessel on which we have access, for a small fee, of course.

    If it is necessary for you to make the stops, then I must see what the rest of the party wishes to do, travel with you as our guide, or book passage on the vessel and meet you in Modron for the remaining voyage to the City State.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By all means, if you wish to dive head first into the greater world then sail to Modron. I will gladly catch up with you later. I just thought if you wished to ease into learning of the wider lands and what awaits you, I would gladly take you with me.

      Either way, I am always at your disposal.

      Delete