Saturday, August 17, 2013

DCC Chapter 15: The Dealer who dealt in Stardust....

  Hello, my name is Wraith Tombs. I'm a grave digger by occupation and aspiring Necromancer by night. I'd like to tell you the story of my death. It all started when I met up with some others to break into and rob the house of Ogo the Pawnbroker at the behest of a mutual employer.


  My last few night jobs had taken turns for the worst and I was a bit coin shy when Marcus found me and asked if I'd keep tabs on Ogo's place for him. I agreed as this would allow me some study time and watching a joint is pretty easy. After a solid two weeks I gave my notes to Marcus and he asked if I'd be interested in looting the establishmnet along with some very capable friends of his. All Marcus needed was a big ruby that was owed him, and his friends had a few items they were looking to get back as well, anything else was up for grabs. Ogo was known for being involved with smuggling and such, so I figured there might be some loot I could fence for gold, heck how hard could this be! I should've known it was too good to be true.

  It was raining that night, heavy clouds cover no moon. Even the watch was put off by the weather, slogging along the streets with their hoods pulled low, torches sputtering and grumbling about the rain. The ones Marcus told me about arrived about an hour after midnight, they had bribed the City Gate guards to get in and out before dawn. There were two men a woman and a halfling. I think they were part of that group that was claiming they killed a Sea-Demon or some crap. Any way the woman was the muscle for she wore fighting armor and carried a large axe under her cloak. The two men were obviously thieves, the first a handsome devil that was quite popular with the ladies I'm sure. The second wore an ostentatious ensemble of sharkskin and seemed very mysterious. The halfling seemed most out of place, yet belted at his hips were a pair of unusual weapons and I felt that his true character lie hidden behind his jovial demeanor.

 I relayed what information I had to this trio of rogues and we then set out to plunder the shop of Ogo. We evaded the nightwatchmen with little effort as the poor weather made them even less likely to want to linger on patrol than normal. We scaled the walled courtyard intent on having it shield our actions from any onlookers from the street. Much to our surprise the garden was covered in thick cobwebs and what we thought to be gravel crunching under or feet was in truth millions of small spiders!


[under construction]

No comments:

Post a Comment