Saturday, August 17, 2013

One year ago today....

One year ago today I began this blog. In honor of the World of Eroc I present you with something that has influenced me greatly. At some point in 1981 on NBC I was lucky enough to see this pilot for a series that would unfortunately never happen. However, in my fevered brain the secrets of Lazar-Sa have remained!

If you have never seen this, seek it out. If you're one of my friends and I have yet to force you to watch this, then remind me to show it to you!

I give you:

THE ARCHER: Fugitive from the Empire!

There is really so much cool stuff in this movie, I still love it.

The snakemen! a nice departure from the standard Orc/goblin and very weird!

Messed up wizards with magic magic items that caused bad skin afflictions!

The Heroes, ones that looked more like what I envisioned my own D&D characters looked like.


The Villian, Gar the Drakian. This evil Fighter sought our hero and looked to use any and every cursed item or creature to achieve his goal. 

Gar has the Death Dealer axe, watch out!


Uh-oh! now he got some evil magic!!!

SO thanks everybody for allowing me to run a game that has lasted a year, and hopefully another.


2 comments:

  1. It has been a fun year in the DCC game. I've enjoyed playing Tyrrian and Tarek immensely, and I enjoyed playing Tom (for the amount of time he was alive).

    Looking forward to more adventures for the best friends. Maybe eventually, if Tarek is Lucky enough to live long enough, he will return to the Amazons...

    ReplyDelete