Sunday, July 24, 2016

Star Trek: MEGA BLOKS

So I discovered that MEGA BLOKS is doing a series of TOS sets for the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek! Besides the fact that I was going to own these regardless, I also saw the potential for use in my Games.

 Here are a couple of shots of the two sets I just got. Above is the "Day of the Dove" Engine Room console with a pair of OKUM ARTS paper figures. Below is the "Guardian of Forever".

Here are some shots of the MEGA Bloks sets themselves:
Day of the Dove

Guardian of Forever
The Mini-figs are pretty cool, I'm thinking of picking up a second "Guardian" set as the heads can be swapped on the little bodies so I could make "New" crewmen for an RPG session.

If you weren't aware C.R. Brandon has a limited Print run for FAR TREK rules and a 2in1 Adventure book for same available now, so go check that out here:

http://fartrekrpg.blogspot.com/2016/07/energize.html

Needless to say the next items on my list are the Enterprise Bridge and Transporter room! After setting up the OkumArts paper figures with the sets above I feel confident that the Bridge set will function perfectly for what I want.


I don't know how many different sets they are going to make in total, but I hope there are a few more Iconic episode sets (Space Seed??). They also have the Enterprise itself as well as a Klingon D-7. Though both are cool, I don't see any use in game for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment