Saturday, November 17, 2018

GALACTA 25 rules for Battle!


I was asked about what rules I use for playing Galacta 25. I use the original rules included with the Heritage Paint & Play box sets of Star Commandos and Galactic Rebellion.

In 2006 Mudpuppy games published an updated version of the rules that used hexes for movement & ranges and added all sorts of creatures and other forces. However it seems that the Mudpuppy rules are hard to find. I f anyone has any info on that leave it in the comments  below.

I have made a PDF of the original rules that came in the box sets from Heritage (see link below). Have fun and let me know about your battles across the galaxy!

Find the link below to a PDF of the Galacta Rules
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jg0q94ByeUypFpksD7CnxgvfmNdktxsr


4 comments:

  1. Thanks! They look great. I am a fan of games by Arnold Hendrick (still playing K&M, but I was quite happy to replace my boxed set with the reprint); or Max Carr for that matter (Warlord is still my favorite fantasy set).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The newer, hex-based rules are still for sale through a company called Studio 2 Publishing (studio2publishing dot com).

    Thanks for the original PDF! I was gifted a small force of Octopoids when I first got into tabletop games but we only ever played 40K with them. (First edition, naturally.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/283077/Galacta3

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Thank You for the rules...

    ReplyDelete