Saturday, November 18, 2017

Far Trek RPG: Interlude 1


[ This takes place a few days after the conclusion of Episode 2 ]

The Argo is heading to Starbase 13 for repairs and to drop off the crew of the SS Malorin.

Art by Basill @ starstation.wordpress.com
In the Office of Commodore Stone:

We see the Commodore in conversation with an unknown man:

Commodore Stone:
"I can't say I agree with this, but I will go along with it for now. He is showing promise and getting along with his crew amazingly well. I won't let this turn into trouble for him or myself."

Unknown Man:
 "I owe you big for this, but I have to know."

Commodore Stone:
"You have other alternatives."

Unknown man:
"If it were only that easy..."


A Day later the Argo arrives at Starbase 13:

The ship is in orbit at the repair facility while the crew takes shore leave on the base planetside. Captain Grim reports to Commodore Stone for information about his mission and crew.


Commodore Stone:
"Good job saving the crew of the Malorin Cade, I'm pleased with the job you and your crew are doing out there. This sector has seen a lot of trouble lately and I need someone who can clean it up."

Capt. Cade:
"Thanks Commodore, how come I feel like there is a big "BUT" coming?"

Commodore Stone:
"I hate to do this to you just as you were getting to know your crew, but I have some reassignments. There have been some issue back on Trill and your First Officer is being re-assigned. However, I have two new assignments coming aboard for you."

Capt. Cade:
"I hate to see Vesara go but I understand, the rest of the crew will miss her. She is a great First Officer, wherever she goes they will benefit from her expertise. So, who are my new recruits?"

Commodore Stone:
"First up is your Science & 1st Officer replacement, Commander Triarius. He is Andorian and this is his first posting on a multi-racial ship. He has an exemplary record and should fit in well."

Capt. Cade:
"Andorian huh, interesting. I have never worked closely with one before, I look forward to meeting him."

Commodore Stone:
"Now since Security Chief Thompson was supposed to retire 6 months ago, and he graciously waited until we could find a replacement which we finally have. Leonard Maple is first rate, and comes highly recommended by his previous Commander. I think you will find both of these men more than competent and able to fill out your command."

Capt. Cade:
"Thank you sir, I'm looking forward to working with both of them."

Commodore Stone:
"As far as your mission in this sector goes. Keep doing what your doing Cade. There is a reason I chose you to command the Argo. This sector is a bit wild being situated where it is. Orions, Smugglers, Thieves and the Klingons being so close. I know this isn't a Five-Year mission,and that it feels like you are getting sidelined. However, you were chosen because of your military experience for duty here. Cade, the Federation needs a Sheriff in this sector and I think that Lawman is you."

Capt. Cade:
"Thank you sir, the crew and I can handle this task."

Commodore Stone:
"I'm glad Cade, here is a data disk with the parameters of your next mission. Good luck out there."

A few days later:

We see Cade and the remaining command staff bid farewell to Vesara as she joins the diplomatic corp. heading to Trill.

The crew return to the Argo and meet their new crewmates, and set off for their next mission.

END Interlude 1

2 comments:

  1. Bravo good sir. This just brings the experience further alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, just trying to use what you guys feed me!

      Delete