Sunday, October 8, 2017

FAR TREK RPG: Background Update

Star Date 2017.08.10

This is some setting information I use in my Far Trek RPG game. I am not worried about being strictly Canon with Star Trek history as a whole. This is after all my Far Trek Universe that is very much influenced by the Original Series. My intent is to run fun adventures in the theme of the original TV series, with a crew of characters on their own ship.

Far Trek Federation as it exists in the EROC-Verse.

1) Do Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise exist?
    The Enterprise exists, but Kirk & crew don't exactly. This is my own universe in the classic TOS timeline. So things will be what I decide they are, and I will fix things to fit in with my players adventures.

2) Will Kirk and or the Enterprise ever appear in these games?
     Kirk, as we know him from the show will not. The Enterprise may appear at some point. As before though, the original episodes are considered to have happened and are logged with Starfleet.

3) What is the name and class of ship your crew uses, and who are they?
     To start he ship is a Saladin Class Destroyer, the USS ARGO. The crew as of now are as follows:
    As they progress we may do a ship upgrade, we will see.

Ep. 1 Crew
Ep. 2 Crew update
Crew of the USS Argo (L to R)
Navigator - Maxine "Max" Holt , Lt. JG                 Player: Selina
Chief Medical Officer - Salec (Vulcan), Lt.             Player: Karen
Commanding Officer - Cade Grim - Captain           Player: Zachary
Exec.\Science Officer - Vesara Tes (Trill), Cmdr.   Player: Tahlia
Comm. Officer - Tsun Capri, Lt. Cmdr.                   Player: Josh - character changed after Ep. 1
Comm. Officer - F'Riid Dossa (Caitian), Lt. Cmdr. Player: Josh - 1st app. Ep. 2
Chief Engineer - Zav (Tellerite), Lt. Cmdr.              Player: James H. - joined Ep. 2

4) Where do the adventures of your current crew take place?
     See the image below, the USS Argo is tasked with patrolling the area within the red outline surrounding  the name of the ship. The area covers 8 hexes on the map and I don't want to assign a defined size to each  hex because it doesn't really matter to me. They are as big as I need them to be for our episodes to work out.
USS Argo Assignment Sectors

5) Who oversees the the Crew of the Argo?
     The Argo operates out of Starbase 13, under the orders of Commodore Stone. I always thought he  looked cool so this guy is going to be who they report to. I'm not sure what the look of the Starbase is going  to be yet. Not sure if I want a Space-station or a Planet-side base. I'll decide later.

Commodore Stone at Starbase 13.

6) Wait, Far Trek RPG is different than the Star Trek Adventures RPG by Modiphius?
     Yes, Far Trek is a 3D6 system game designed by C.R. Brandon and based off of Where No Man Has        Gone Before 2.0 by Mike Berkey.

Follow these links for more:
Where No Man Has Gone Before: http://trek.abillionmonkeys.com/
Far Trek RPG: http://fartrekrpg.blogspot.com/
Star Trek Adventures: https://www.modiphius.net/collections/star-trek-adventures

All three are excellent Star Trek games depending on your taste and what you are looking for. I chose Far Trek because it was simple and gives me the Original Series vibe that I wanted.

7) Is there a Far Trek Group/Community?
     Yes there is, check out the FAR TREK community on MeWe.

Stay tuned for more Far Trek excitement!





4 comments:

  1. This fantastic and inspiring, I really love seeing the development of the EROC adventures/universe and it is very helpful to see this all laid out! Keep on trekkin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, have you read all the Far Trek posts? We also haven't played anymore Far Trek in awhile.

    ReplyDelete