Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Here is an adventure log of the FAR TREK game I ran at our local Convention in September 2016.



Palm Con 2016 Adventure report Part 1:
I ran the adventure "Be not Afraid" from the Danger of Peace booklet, I used the Xenophon crew as Pre-gens but only the Race, stats / skills / talents. I left the names blank and added no personal background info. My friend asked if he could be the Captain and created his own character, I allowed him 12 skill points (no skill above +3), and 3 talents of his choice. He created a Human with a 3 Charisma and zero in all other Stats (he chose point build). He took Inspirational Speech as a Talent and put it to good use, he was a great diplomatic leader and left the bulk of the physical action to others.


The Landing party picture shows the initial players, from L to R they are:
Dr. Randallia Chief Medical Officer, Helm Officer Nigel Gregg (the players real name), Red Shirt Security Ensign Jones (NPC), Captain John L. Church, and Chief Engineer Joseph Oren.

The Xenophon information from Appendix II on page 18, was read aloud to everyone so they understood the "cursed" history of the ship. Which, after reading the Captain gave a talk to the crew and told them how he believed they would overcome this and prove the worth of the Xenophon.

I played the Star Trek intro music then handed a printed out copy of the "Captain's Log" from the beginning of Act 1 page 7 to Captain Church to read aloud as the music faded.

I then asked how they would like to enter the Tannos system. Would they Warp directly to Tannos IV or would they enter on impulse at the edge of the system and make their way to the planet?

The players agreed that entering the system on impulse would be okay, and give them time to have a "Bridge Scene". I then placed the figures on the Mega-bloks bridge and we had everyone introduce themselves.

I was asked what they knew about the Tannos System and I handed out a hard copy of Appenix I - the Tannos system profile. As the group looked this over I rolled randomly and determined that the Doctor was an old friend of the Geologist Mr. Stewart. I informed the player of this and he turned to the Captain and said, "You know I will be pleased to see my old schoolmate on Tannos IV, we have not spoken to each other for some time."

That was when the first Gravimetric wave hit!! "Boom!" I exclaimed, then I asked everyone to lean hard to the left, then Hard to the right, I played the "Red Alert" sound effect! The captain asked for a ship status and that shields be raised!

Stay tuned for part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment