Friday, December 7, 2012

Dragon Dice!

Dragon Dice! and I don't mean that terrible DICE game from TSR. I am talking about the dice that used to come in the old Red & Blue boxed sets, usually in a little plastic bag with a waxy crayon of either black, white or yellow to color in the numbers with yourself.

Like this:
I personally LOVE these dice, and I truly miss them. There is something rather ZEN like for me when choosing the number color and then the actual process of finishing the dice. I own thirteen RED, 25 light blue, 1 brown d4, 3 mustard green, 6 dark green, 12 yellow, 18 dark blue in all.

They were also sold in sets, I found the complete set of RED on ebay a few years ago that looked like this:
I did use the yellow crayon and they look great!

I still have the stumps of  a black, sky blue, white, dark green and the yellow crayon that I use when am fortunate enough to find more of these dice. I am not sure how many other colors they came in. I never saw this set of pecentile dice in the store and most of mine were light & dark blue from my Star Frontiers sets.
I need that killer orange!

Anyway, these dice as a whole were always REALLY good to me in play. Whether I was DMing or a player these dice rock! As any gamer I have had tons of Dice over the years but I have given away all the other dice in favor of using these exclusively!

Here are mine:



1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, the Dragon Dice. I do remember gettingt hose in the old D&D boxed sets and the two Star Frontiers boxed sets. I can rembmer if the old Top Secret and Top Secret SI came with them or not. I no longer have any of mine, though.

    ReplyDelete